Due to my astrology sign being a Taurus, I tend to enjoy the finer things in life.
For example, I am truly obsessed with buying clothes from Free People, Anthropologie, WildFox, Sam Eldeman and of course designer brands like Betsey Johnson, Kate Spade, and Marc Jacobs. The quality, design, and fit can’t be beat for everyday wear!
It is extremely hard to afford the “finer things”in life right out of college. Luckily, I have found a place (aside from eBay) that makes it easier to satisfy my Taurus personality trait.
Say this with me… HALF OF HALF.
This place is going to answer all of your clothing needs without damaging your bank account. It’s gonna rock your world, no joke.
What is it?
It’s a name brand clothing store that offers lower quality merchandise that retail stores did not want. They discount clothes, shoes, and bedding for 30-60% off the retail price. Thus the name, Half of Half which explains the discount.
Where is it?
They are located in 7 states: Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Nebraska, and Tennessee. I visit the Lenexa location.
What Will You Find There?
EVERYTHING. Guys, I found Oscar De La Renta there in sleepwear. My mom bought me a Burberry t-shirt. And we have found Tory Burch shoes. They carry everything from womenswear, menswear, children’s clothing, home goods, accessories, formalwear, swimwear, undergarments, and shoes. The sizes range from petites to plus size. For example, I have seen up to a 6X men’s shirt. It’s a wonderful place for people that have a hard time finding their sizes.
Tips & Tricks to Navigate the Store
- It’s a giant warehouse, so allow yourself time to shop.
- Items are organized by size, but brands are scattered everywhere.
- Check out the men’s section. I have bought so many sweaters in that department from H & M.
- Look over each item carefully! They may have missing buttons, faulty zippers, and makeup stains. If the button is included, then that’s an easy sewing fix. Also check out the Half of Half’s website for tips on stain removal, repairing, and cleaning.
- This is NOT A THRIFT STORE. Most items will have original tags on them.
- They do have dressing rooms, so try on everything before leaving.
- The return policy is 7 days for store credit only
- Watch the weekly sales flyer. At Christmas time the entire store was $1… and it was madness
- Sign up for their mailing list and receive a $5 off coupon.
- The store is always closed on Tuesdays for restocking. Sundays it is also closed.
- Drink lots of water, eat some food, and bring an inhaler just incase you are short of breathe due to the great deals
- Whatever you do, STAY FOCUSED on what you are there for.
I have been shopping at Half of Half since high school. In college, girls would wonder how I afforded such nice brands. Half of Half was not only the answer to my prayers, but it kept my closet well stocked for any occasion. To top it off, because the brands were so nice, I could then resell the clothes that I grew out of on eBay. It was a cycle of loveliness.
Half of Half isn’t for the faint of heart. You have to have time to explore and be willing to go through racks and racks of clothing. For a girl on budget like myself, it is worth my time and my effort.
This Orange Suede Apron Dress is the brand Free People. The original price was $398. Free People’s final reduction on their website was $69. Half of Half’s price tag was $75. The weekend before Martin Luther King Jr. Day the entire store was $9. If you were signed up for Half of Half’s email, then you received any item for $8 instead of $9. I know that orange isn’t for everyone but the breakdown is I spent $8 on a $398 dress. Hallelujah!
Please follow @Haydens_favorites on Instagram. It is a separate account with shopping deals, clothing hauls, and a collection of favorite beauty and home items. I’m growing it so please share the instagram with friends and family that love fashion at more affordable prices.
Love y’all and see you next Wednesday. It’s a date!