Happy Valentine’s Eve Luvs!
I had an entirely different post written to go live today when it dawned on me that this was what I wanted to share. Writing about the relationship I’m in isn’t something I typically do. Sure, you may see photos on Instagram of adventures Bryce and I have gone on but that’s where the story ends.
So in honor of Valentine’s Day, welcome to a very small glimpse of what it is like to date a good guy.
Things I appreciate that sometimes get overlooked:
1. He accepts me – even at my worst, even with a face full of Mario Badescu zit cream, even when it takes me a trillion hours to get ready … he accepts me.
2. When I am on my death bed suffering from a migraine or a head cold, Bryce never fails to bring me a cold, wet washcloth for my forehead and Panera soup. He did this in college and continues to this day.
3. Any lightbulb that needs fixed, a piece of furniture that needs built, a computer problem …. Bryce handles it all for me, so I don’t even have to think twice about it.
4. The constant support he gives me. I don’t know how I would get through some days without him. His positive outlook on life and solid advice consoles me.
5. All of the weekend drives to Kansas City so I can see my family and get out of town.
6. His ability to create the best homemade Old Fashion that I have ever had — sorry Dad.
7. Coming home after a long day at work to a cooked meal, all the candles in our apartment lit, and Spotify playing in the background. During Christmas, Bryce had set the tree to turn on at 5 pm and play “Country Christmas” music so I didn’t have to come home to a dark and quiet apartment.
8. His drive to create travel goals and then fulfill them. We do it on a tight, tight budget but we manage.
9. The dedication he shows for school, his career, and his relationships. He doesn’t half-ass anything in his life. He prioritizes what matters most to him. Oh, man I love him!
10. He makes decisions based on us as a couple rather than just thinking about himself.
Basically, Bryce is my favorite human and this list could go on for pages. I don’t know how I got so lucky. I do not take any of it for granted because like the wind, life can change. However, he has made such an impact on me and I never thought in a million years that guys like him existed. The ones I met in college didn’t hold a candle to the man Bryce has become. So glad I can call him my best friend!
Last year was the very first time that we celebrated Valentine’s Day on the actual date. The year prior, he had a horrible flu virus and was very sick. However, in Bryce fashion, he made me feel like I was the love of his life and still does. That taught me something. When you have someone that cares about your well-being everyday, then one holiday on a calendar doesn’t matter. Every day is Valentine’s Day as cliche as that sounds. Yeah, maybe you don’t exchange lovey gifts or go out for a fancy dinner but that thoughtfulness is shown daily in little ways. Those are life treasures. This year is no different. Tonight we are having a cozy dinner at home for Valentine’s Day. Tomorrow Bryce has to be in Kansas City to catch an early morning Friday flight home. Not your typical Valentine’s Day but I am not complaining. This girl enjoys Valentine’s Day every day. It’s the little things and they add up to big things in my heart!
I’m truly grateful Mr. Shea walked into my life. He has gifted me with more joy than I can express. Someday I will share how difficult I made it for him to be in my life but for now, I’m leaving you with this …. WAIT FOR THE GUY WHO SWEEPS YOU OFF YOUR FEET. I can promise that as soon as you find your confidence and success, he will be there. Love y’all. Hope you liked this little talk and it added value to your life.
Photos Captured By: Emilee Brown Photography