There is nothing better than coming home from a long day of work (or even school) to a big bowl of soup. It warms you up from inside out. The best part is… you can meal prep the soup in the morning, let it cook all day, and then come back to a stress-free dinner.
That’s the kind of cooking I like!!! Coming home to a meal that has already been made!
Here’s the how-to’s of this delicious, EASY, soup recipe.
- 1 lb chicken breasts not frozen and cut in half (place raw into crock pot)
- 1/2 small onion chopped fine
- 2 carrots chopped fine
- 2 celery chopped fine (if you don’t like celery or carrots, I promise you won’t taste them)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of sage
- 1/4 of a teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 small bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons of butter (I substituted Brummel and Brown yogurt butter)
- 6 cups of chicken broth (spend the extra dollars and buy the high protein broth)
- 3/4 cups of wild rice blend quick cook (It comes in a box and measures out perfect for the recipe)
Add all ingredients into crock pot. Cook on low for 4 hours. Shred chicken once cooked and put back into soup. As the soup cools it will thicken. It smells wonderful and tastes even better Bon Appetite.
I hope you enjoy the soup! If you have any other delicious crockpot recipes for the health conscious girl like myself, make sure to comment below.