Yet again, Tiktok made me do it.
I have watched numerous cocktail competitions between friends, coworkers, and siblings on TikTok. The creativity blew me away. Many of the competitions were themed. For example, everyone had to create cocktails that matched their wig or dress color. One group had to take their own spin on Harry Potter and mix cocktails inspired by the movies and books. Another group required candy to be used on or in the cocktail.
I knew my girl friends would love having a similar event. So, we decided on a Halloween themed cocktail that coordinated with our costumes. Each cocktail was judged on presentation and taste. I’m afraid they girl-bossed a little too close to the sun.
Here are the drinks and recipes:
Glitter (Costume was Dua Lipa)
- Pink lemonade
- Soda water
- Lavender simple syrup
- A dash of lime juice
- Lime and sugar along the rim
- Drink glitter
Breakfast at Tiffany’s (Costume was Holly Golightly)
- 1 slice lemon
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. blue Curaçao
- 1 bottle Champagne or Prosecco
- 2 c. lemonade
Superstar (Costume was Mary Katherine Gallagher)
- caramel, cinnamon, salt and sugar for the rim
- 2 ounces infused tequila with cinnamon sticks & apples
- 1/2 ounce orange liquor
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) apple cider
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup
- apple slices and cinnamon sticks
Spooky Island Scooby (Costume was Daphne from Scooby Doo)
- 2 cups green melon liqueur, such as Midori
- 2 cups light rum
- 3 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- Lime juice
Tips for your Competition
- Choose your date: We decided on a Friday night for the challenge and thank goodness we did. Mixing alcohols is hard on the body and soul.
- Limit number of guests. Too many people equals too many drinks. There were only 4 of us and we were feeling pretty good once the night was over haha!
- Make sure to have appetizers or snacks out. I baked a few pizzas and created a spooky skeleton charcuterie board.
- Prizes are always fun for best presentation, overall appearance, best taste, etc. The Dollar Tree is a great resource for prizes or trophies. Your local Thrift Store may have old sports trophies that you can customize or personalize for your competition. I wrapped wine bottles to look like witches brooms as my trophies and gave them out to everyone because they did an amazing job!
Pick your poison and let your creativity soar. I hope you win the Oscar for best drink. This could be the newest Thanksgiving tradition to try with your family or save the idea for summertime at the lake with the girls. Cheers and I hope you enjoy these recipes. Have a Happy Halloween!
Until Next Time, Spread Kindness