Scrolling through Pinterest and “when what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a”… snowflake mug toppers made out of marshmallows. I sprung into action, pinning the idea and crafting my own.
Here’s a simple DIY on how to create your own snowflake topper. They pair well with vanilla lattes, spiked hot chocolate or peppermint mochas. If you love monotonous tasks like I do, this is the perfect project for you. Throw on your favorite Hallmark movie and go to town!
What You Will Need:
- Big Marshmallows
- Little Marshmallows
- Layout a pile of big marshmallows, an even bigger pile of small marshmallows and several toothpicks. It’s much easier to have all of your tools in front of you and not in their package. You don’t want to slow down your groove!
- Place one small marshmallow on one end of the toothpick. Slide a second marshmallow up the bottom end of that same toothpick and stop about half way. Make sure to put the marshmallows on the toothpick in the same direction otherwise it will look more like an art project and less like a successful Pinterest craft.
3. Repeat step #2 eight or nine times.
4. Stab the pointy end of the toothpick around the side of the big marshmallow. I found it easiest to work clockwise instead of placing them top to bottom and side to side.
5. Repeat step #4 until all toothpicks have been put into the big marshmallow.
6. Top your warm beverage with your snowflake.
Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!
I think this maybe one of the easiest DIY’s I’ve ever featured on the blog. My biggest tip is to carve out some time and set up an assembly line to complete these little show stoppers. They are the cutest drink garnishes!
Comment below if you end up trying this DIY. I would love to see your snowy creations, so don’t forget to tag me or send your photos to me on Instagram.
Until next time, Spread Kindness.