Happy Day 8 of “Blogmas” My Friends!
December has flown by …. all the hustle and bustle preparing for Christmas is winding down. It is time to relax and bake a few of your favorite treats to share with family, friends, and neighbors. Please don’t forget to leave a snack for those hard-working Fed-ex, UPS, and US postal workers. This just might be the treat you leave for them as they drop off a package for you.
Today I am sharing my new favorite (not very healthy, but dangerously good) dessert recipe! I thought that this would be the perfect dessert to bring to holiday parties or family gatherings. It’s quick to make, only takes a couple of ingredients, and will leave you licking your fingers. And may I add foolproof for the non-bakers like myself.
- 1 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon + 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 10 oz bag of dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of flaked Himalayan pink salt
- 2 candy canes crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a cookie sheet with non stick oil or use parchment paper and place the slivered almonds on it. Make sure to spread them out so they are flat.
3. Bake the almonds at 350 degrees for 10 minutes (just want them to be a nice brown color).
4. In a sauce pan, add your coconut oil, chocolate chips, and vanilla extract. Make sure to do this all on a low heat!
5. Stir chocolate until it is completely melted. Make sure not to keep it on the burner for too long. You don’t want it to burn!
6. Add the almonds into the mixture.
7. Line an 8 x 8 pan with wax paper and pour the chocolate mixture on it. You want it to be real even and flat, so I recommend using a spatula to spread it out.
8. Sprinkle sea salt and candy cane flakes on top! Make sure to push your candy cane flakes into the mixture a little bit so they stay. I didn’t do that, so mine kept falling off the chocolate!
9. Refrigerate for an hour and a half.
** To break up candy canes in small pieces use a ziplock baggie and a hammer. I’m sure there are better ways but this worked for me. Great stress reliever too.
I hope you guys enjoy this treat as much as Bryce and I did! Have a wonderful Friday and enjoy the extra time with the people you love!