I have been dying to share this simple drink recipe with you! Since it’s the last day of blogmas, we need to end it on a high note; and what better way to do that than with a whiskey cocktail?
I present to you … Mrs. Claus Cranberry Whiskey Cocktail. This recipe is originally from the College Housewife, but I wanted to share it with you all!
- Cranberry juice
- Cinnamon stick or ground cinnamon
- Whiskey or Bourbon
- Rosemary Simple Syrup (Combine water, sugar, and rosemary sprigs in a small pan. Bring to a boil and stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let syrup steep until cooled. Strain rosemary from mixture and put in a sealed jar.)
- Cranberries, dehydrated oranges, or cinnamon sticks to garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with 1 cinnamon stick or a pinch of ground cinnamon. Add cranberry juice, whiskey, rosemary simple syrup, and ice. The measurements are whatever works best for you. I recommend 1 shot of whiskey and pour in as much cranberry juice as needed. The rosemary simple syrup is strong, so don’t add too much if you aren’t looking for a sweet drink. I recommend using half an ounce of the simple syrup.
- Shake the mixture for 30 seconds and pour into a chilled whiskey glass or coup glass. Serve with a rosemary sprig, dehydrated oranges, or cranberries.
I hope this recipe doesn’t leave you bittersweet like I am right now. This is the last blog of 2020, and man has it been a ride. I’m looking forward to bringing you guys more fun content in 2021.
See you in the new year, same time, same place. Until then, Spread Kindness.