I don’t know if it was quarantine or simply a change in drink preference, but I have been addicted to espresso martinis. At the end of a long week, I crave them! Maybe it is because the word martini just sounds so luxurious and fancy. When you drink one, you immediately channel your inner Carrie Bradshaw and that pinky flies up haha!
Though these may look difficult to make, the drink itself is so easy! Here’s the recipe:
- 2 ounces vodka (I use espresso vodka)
- 1/2 ounce coffee liqueur (we prefer Irish cream in this house but Kahlúa works great)
- 1 ounce espresso
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (need some for mixing in cocktail and some for sticking the candy canes on)
- Garnish: coffee beans and crushed candy canes
- Add your vodka, coffee liqueur, espresso, and simple syrup to a shaker filled with ice and shake until cold.
- Wet the rim of your martini glass with simple syrup. Place crushed candy canes on a plate and flip the martini glass onto it and coat the rim.
- Strain into martini glass.
- Garnish with 3 coffee beans.
- Drink up and enjoy this sweet cocktail!
CHEERS! Let’s toast since we have a heavenly martini in hand…
“Here’s to the guys who love us, the losers who lost us, and the lucky b*stards that get to meet us.”—Carrie Bradshaw, Sex in the City
Until tomorrow, Spread Kindness.